It’s nice being single. Not that I don’t miss the companionship and routine, but I can do what I want with my day, blog and be as creative as I want without having to stop until I’m ready. I see a lot of advantages to not having a mate in SL but there are some disadvantages too. Like when men find out you’re single, some of them try to pressure you into intimacy before you are ready. They seem to be like a dog after a bone, drooling over another single woman. Problem is, I don’t do open relationships and never have. I don’t like feeling like an object. I am an independent, single woman and yes, while I like intimacy just like others do, I don’t like feeling as if I’m a piece of meat on display.
Some men seem clueless when it comes to women, reading cues where there are no signs of interest. Innocent flirtation can be taken too far and cross over to sexual harassment and become uncomfortable for both parties, especially the targeted party. And if you are like me, you are just as uncomfortable commenting on the behavior versus just quietly walking away. The lesson that should be learned here for men is twofold.
- Mind yourself. If the person you want is shy and not open to any relationships, then don’t pressure them for sex. If the target of your affections has recently left a relationship after many years, putting pressure on them for sexual intimacy is wrong.
- Mind your sexual comments and overt flirtation. There is no opening unless the person you are talking to gives you one…and don’t assume that they are interested in anything with you based off a misspoken joke.
- Don’t assume that because you had a so-called “special” relationship in the past, means that you will return to that special relationship after the target of your affection is single. What you managed to get before, does not mean you will get it now.
- All piling pressure on someone does is create hard feelings and discomfort where the girl (sometimes guys), will stop interacting with you.
- Beginning every conversation with sex won’t get you laid. All it does is make your conversation partner uncomfortable and makes you look like a pervert.
- And for my lesbian friends, men, please stop asking them how they can “do it without a dick” or imply they are lesbian because they haven’t met the right man. PULEEZE! Gender identity and sexual preferences have nothing to do with the value of the size of your cock and being a “real man.”
To be honest, these are lessons that even some women can learn, but mostly this is pointed at men I have encountered since I split from my SL partner last month. I wish some men would learn to respect the women they are with more than they do, which in the end, gets you further with girls than pressuring them to hop in the sack a few weeks after a breakup.
Anyway, I’ll step off my soapbox now and leave you with: See my gallery below and click the big picture to go to a full resolution version of this fun image. Laters! ~LA
Head: CATWA HEAD Tala v3.2
Body: Maitreya Mesh Body – Lara V4.1
Hands: VISTA ANIMATIONS – 40%!-VISTA BENTO PROHANDS FEM – Version 2
Eye Appliers: Spicy Bodyshop – Eyes I. applier (Catwa only) – Sponsor
Skin: Spicy Bodyshop – Olivia II. skin applier Tan – Catwa & Maitreya – Sponsor
Included in the package is a shape – Eyebrow shaper – 8 Skin tones – 4 eyebrow colors + browless version – 4 lipstick and 4 eyeshadows options
Hair: Stealthic – Desire
Nails: Go Frock Yourself – Diamonds Are A Girl’s Best Friend Omega Nail Appliers – Sponsor
Rings: Elise – Erika – BENTO Rings – Sponsor
Dress: Vanilla Bae Twyla Dress – Available at Uber now! – Sponsor
The Twyla dress comes with four strip options plus fully nude. The Strip Me menu access includes: Private, Public, and Add Master. The set comes with a PG options, no strip. The HUD includes fabric & laces along the sides.
Peaches – Bria’s Vintage Bed – Love – (ADULT)
Peaches – Bae’s Journal – Floral
Pose and Prop: Luanes World Poses – Let me Dream a While (comes with the cats)