Okay so I’m a bit late to this party… by about three years! But since you can never be too late on these challenges and I was struggling to put words to “paper” this morning, I thought I would do one of Strawberry Singh’s SL challenges. I couldn’t decide which one to do until I came across the “#SecondLifeChallenge – My Seven Second Life Facts.” So I decided to share my own “My Seven SL Facts #SecondLifeChallenge” with you. I try to participate in them when I see them released but there hasn’t been anything new.
When I first joined SL a decade ago, I never thought I would be in this “game” for so long. At the time, I thought it was just something to play with and that I would move on after a few weeks, but I soon learned different. That was September 17, 2009! What a decade it has been too (Read my story here)! Over the years, I’ve experienced a lot in Second Life and it has become a part of my identity. So here are some of my Second Life Facts that not many people know.
My SL Facts
- If I have lindens, they don’t last very long because I usually see something that I want really bad.
- I have a whole family in SL that are just as important to me as my RL family.
- When my cat, Robin, passed in RL, I created a special memorial to her in SL, but I had to pick it up recently due to losing our land, but I have it in my inventory, in a special folder just for her.
- I have SL partnered only twice in the ten years I’ve been in SL because I don’t play around with my partner box.
- I LOVE to create in SL… from landscaping to decorating homes. I find it relaxing.
- In RL I am a graphic designer (unemployed currently). At first I would keep this a secret because it felt like whenever people found out that I could do graphics in RL, they would use me for free work in SL. This went on for the first five years of my SL life. I finally stopped doing so much free work and have become very selective in who I do free work for…
- I have been involved in several groups for most of my SL… Relay For Life of Second Life as a volunteer and team captain of various teams over the years. The other group I’ve been a member of since 2011 is United Federation Starfleet, a Star Trek fan group based in SL.
There are my seven facts! What are your seven SL facts? Share them with me in the comments if you want! Check out Strawberry Singh’s blog for more challenges… Have a wonderful day, Adventurites! ~LA
Head: LeLutka – Head Simone 3.4
Body: Maitreya – Mesh Body – Lara V4.1
Skin: League – Amaia – Lelutka Applier – Medium
Eyes: Avi-Glam – Glam Eyes
Hair: TRUTH HAIR – Opium
Shirt: Go Frock Yourself – Koala In Branch Tank
Pose: .::Nanika::. With guitar girl