2017 was a long year for me with many changes. Some bad, some good. Some of the bad were devastating, while some wasn’t so devastating but taken care of fast. I don’t post it in my profile or on any of my social media, but I tend to shy away from drama. When it’s going on around me, I tend to withdraw into myself or my immediate family. I’ll sort of hide without hiding to stay away from it. Which is what I have been doing lately with certain people in my life. We finally booted them from our lives and stood up and said enough, but for awhile there, it was hell. I fully believe that you get out of life what you put in. If you put in negativity, hatred and drama, then that’s what you get. If you put in happy, go lucky most of the time, this is what you get. Looking at life in a negative, hateful way has got to be tiring. And most people who know me, know that if I’m not treated right or if any of my family isn’t treated right, then I won’t let them remain in my life.
The best things that happened to me in 2017:
- Met Daddy after my ex and I parted ways. It was the best day of my life when I gave him that rose and we started a friendship that soon turned to something more.
- Joined the SL Gurl Scouts and the Troop 812. My Troop has become like a big sisterhood to me, even though I don’t know some of them very well, they’re still important to me.
- Getting married on December 30, 2017. For the first time in my 8 years of being in SL, I have found a man who truly cares about me and treasures me enough to marry me. To get me to walk down that isle and say my vows before my friends and family. Sure, I have very good male friends, but they are just that: friends. I think of most of them as brothers or at least in the similar light as a sister would a brother…As a matter of fact, one that I considered a brother for a long time, came back into my life and I’m grateful for that.
- There were a lot of other things that happened to me last year that was great, but far too many to list here. They far outnumber the negative, though, so that’s a good thing.
The worst things that happened to me in 2017:
- I found out my ex was cheating on me. For over a month, he had been seeing a new person…several people as a matter of fact. I found out so many things that had been happening over the year I was with him that I didn’t know. I was extremely hurt…and after I got over him, I was still hurt by his actions. No one, no matter who they are and what their past is like or perceived to be like, deserves that kind of treatment. Things are righted now, but for awhile there, I was gun shy and wary of men.
- After my cat, Robin, was diagnosed with Chronic Kidney Disease, I was told by a friend that I was “selfish” for keeping her alive. While she was telling me I was being selfish, she rubbed my nose in my decisions like I was a bad puppy who peed on the floor. She didn’t know that three days later, it was time to let my baby go. Someone said to me the other day that you don’t remember the words people say, you remember their actions or treatment of you and this is true. I don’t remember all of the words used, but I will always remember the treatment I got. That will stay with me for a long time.
- On October 13, 2017 (Friday the 13th), my almost 17 year old cat passed away in my arms. I held her when she was born and I held her as she died. I was (and am) devastated by her loss. It’s been only three months and I’m still struggling. She was a part of my life for so long. She was my furbaby…my best friend. It was the hardest thing I’ve had to do. I don’t regret it, but I struggle with missing her every day. Anyone who has a pet of any kind will understand this.
We closed out the 2017 year with a wedding and we started the 2018 year off with a great thing… a honeymoon. On December 30, 2017, I married Richard Plantagenet. It was a beautiful ceremony with a great many friends and family showing up. I regret that my mom couldn’t be there but I have a ton of pictures thanks to Fairy Catronis, Indy Firelight, Tirza Reardon, and Jasmyn Villota. I wore a vintage gown from Dead Dollz with a lace veil and carried blue and white roses. I threaded roses throughout the venue in honor of how I met Daddy. We had our pets with us and in our hearts our lost loved ones who are no longer with us. We finished out the ceremony with a beautiful reception in a virtual ice fantasyland complete with pictures of our journey together and penguins playing on the ice. We soon segued to the honeymoon exploring a unicorn sim and staying at a small cottage for the night. It was a great way to end out a bad year and start the new one on a positive, loving tone.
Note: This is only my outfit. There were a lot of people at the wedding. I don’t have information on their outfits.
Mesh Body: Maitreya Mesh Body – Lara V4.1
Mesh Head: LeLutka Bento Head-SIMONE 3.0
Mesh Eyes: IKON Charm Eyes – Denim
Hair: TRUTH Hair – Farryn (Brunette)
Hair Accessories: Wedding Hair and Braid adornment (not for sale)
Shape: [ west end ] Sue Shape (Lelutka Simone Bento Head)
Skin: amara beauty – Sophia 05 LELUTKA Applier
Wedding Dress: .::Dead Dollz::. The Bride Gown – Bridal
Bouquet: Tori’s Stylez Main Store & Romantic Gardens TS Delux – Bouquet-Baby Blue-White
Wedding Veil: LDG Mainstore-100 Wedding Veil Prop 1
Wedding ring: EarthStones I Do Bridal Set Bento – Platinum
Shoes: N-core MAMBO FatPack (Group Gift)
Earrings: Xia’s Boutique, Fashions – Pearl Earring Set
Collar: RealEvil Industries Simone Bow Collar